Looking for a reason to participate in the 2022 Richard S. Caliguiri City of Pittsburgh Great Race or Dollar Bank Junior Great Race? How about 45?! Read more to see why you should participate in ONE Great Weekend.
1. You participate for a good cause! $1 from every Richard S. Caliguiri City of Pittsburgh Great Race and Dollar Bank Junior Great Race registration is donated to the Richard S. Caliguiri Amyloidosis Fund.
2. Tradition! 2022 marks the 45th anniversary of the Richard S. Caliguiri City of Pittsburgh Great Race.
3. Children can get involved - Kids can participate in the Dollar Bank Junior Great Race 1-Mile Fun Run, Tot Trot, and Diaper Dash.
4. You can choose your distance. Participate in either the 5K or 10K!
5. No matter which event you choose, the course is scenic, taking you on a tour of Pittsburgh.
6. You can earn your PR! The race course is predominantly downhill so you can cruise your way to the finish line.
7. Your registration gets you an awesome participant shirt!
8. Get moving! No matter which event you choose to participate in, training for this event is great exercise.
9. You get a beautifully-designed finisher medal!
10. You get to run on closed city roads.
11. The courses are USATF-certified. Run the street of Pittsburgh knowing that whichever course you are on is an official distance!
12. This is a timed race! You will have results instantly and automatically after you’re done.
13. Enjoy festivities after your race in Point State Park.
14. Green Great Race - Compostable cups at water stops and waste stations located throughout Point State Park are just a few examples of how the Great Race’s ongoing commitment to “greening” the event focuses on all aspects of “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle” throughout annual planning and implementation.
15. Exercise is good for your mental health.
16. You’ll have a blast! Take it from a past participant: “I’ve never had so much fun running a race in my life!”
17. You will create memories that will last a lifetime.
18. If you have never participated in an organized race before, the Great Race is a great way to run your first official race!
19. Join a community of people, make new friends, and find running buddies that run at your pace!
20. Your participation and dedication promotes an active, healthy lifestyle.
21. Running actually boosts your energy
22. Running strengthens your bones
23. You can participate in both the 5K and 10K to complete the One Great Challenge, earning multiple medals!
24. Running can help you sleep better.
25. What is more Pittsburgh than an Eat‘n Park Smiley Cookie? Get your at the finish line!
26. Looking to relieve stress? Look no further!
27. Enjoy Pittsburgh like never before.
28. Get inspired by the thousands of spectators cheering you on!
29. It’s easy - the race is predominantly down-hill
30. Bond with your family and friends! The Great Race is a perfect opportunity to get your whole group involved!
31. Volunteer! Not looking to run? No problem! There are so many volunteer opportunities. See the full list HERE.
32. Build up your stamina!
33. September is a GREAT time of year to get out and run outside.
34. Looking to introduce young ones to exercise? The Dollar Bank Jr. Great Race holds multiple events to help kids get into the spirit of moving!
35. Finish in one of Pittsburgh’s most iconic landmarks: Point State Park.
36. Take a tour of multiple Pittsburgh college campuses along your racecourse! See Carnegie Mellon University, University of Pittsburgh, Carlow University, Duquesne University, and Point Park University.
37. From the Diaper Dash to the 10K, ONE Great Weekend provides an event that you can grow with as you progress in age and skill.
38. It’s an entire weekend of fun! The weekend begins at packet pickup on Friday, the Dollar Bank Jr. Great Race on Saturday, and the Great Race on Sunday.
39. This event is supported by some of Pittsburgh's largest corporations including Highmark, Allegheny Health Network, Dollar Bank, Eat’n Park, Fleet Feet Pittsburgh, Sam’s Club, and more!
40. Participate in a weekend of events planned and designed by some of the city’s leading experts.
41. While running either the 5K or 10K, be on the lookout for one of the Perfect Great Racers. These special individuals have every single Richard S. Caliguiri City of Pittsburgh Great Race since the event’s inception 45 races ago!
42. If you’re running the 10K, enjoy a pre-race warm-up through Frick Park, one of Pittsburgh's four historic large parks.
43. Running is for everyone!
44. Earn a GREAT sense of accomplishment!
45. 45 years of Pittsburgh heritage, all in ONE Great Weekend.